BYBERRY 
MONTHLY MEETING
3001 Byberry/ Southampton Road
Philadelphia, PA  19154

Phone Number
215-637-7813
(weekends)
215-364-1750 ext. 105
(Mon-Fri, 9 AM-2:30 PM)

Clerk 
    David Nepley
AQM Representative 
    Helen File









Website © 2012, AQM
Contact Webmaster: aqwebguru@gmail.com


*First Day Worship
        (Sept-June)
    11 am-12 noon
    
    Summer Worship
        (June-Labor Day)    
    10 am-10:45 am 

First Day School
    Adults
        (Sept-May)     
    10 am-11 AM




*First Days are Sundays 













HISTORY
    In 1675, the four Walton brothers arrived in Newcastle, Delaware. They followed the Delaware River nearly fifty miles to the Poquessing Creek and settled on land that reminded them of their home near Bibury, England. 
    In 1683, the Walton brothers and a few other Friends met at the home of John Hart and established Byberry Meeting. In 1694, a log cabin was built on the corner of land given to the Meeting for a burial ground. Worship was held in this cabin until 1714 when a substantial stone building was erected. 
    The present meeting house was built in 1808. The Byberry schoolhouse is also on the grounds where School was held under the care of the meeting from 1720-1918 and more recently a nursery school operated for 25 years.
    The second floor of the school houses the Byberry library with exhibits gathered by the Byberry Philosophical Society.